Articles, Reviews and Case Studies about BRS Golf
This page lists a number of Articles, Reviews and Case Studies about BRS Golf. Please check for regular updates and news.
GolfNow Expands Portfolio with the Acquisition of BRS Golf
GolfNow has announced the acquisition of BRS Golf, the No. 1 provider of online golf booking software in the United Kingdom and Ireland. This addition to GolfNow’s portfolio will strengthen its ability to grow the game of golf through a seamless end-to-end technology solution, and will reinforce GolfNow’s ability to offer the most engaging experience possible for golfers
Online Green Fee Revenue Up By 15% In 2012
Online tee time booking revenue continued to grow in 2012, according to the latest results from BRS Golf, developer of the UK & Ireland’s market leading online booking system, writes Charles de Haan. Total online revenue for golf clubs using the BRS system during 2012 was £7.5 million, an increase of £1 million or 15% compared to 2011.
39% of online bookings are made outside normal office hours
Recent analysis of online booking statistics by BRS Golf, developers of the market leading online booking system, shows a surprising and clear trend: 39% of online bookings are made outside of normal club office hours (8am to 5pm).
Based on their research into their 720 golf club customers and the £7 million of online bookings in 2012, £1.8 million was booked when the office was closed.
How Has Rainfall Affected Online Bookings?
In the UK and many parts of Ireland, 2012 has been the wettest summer in 100 years. Without a doubt this has stopped many golfers playing golf yet how has this affected online revenue and how can golf clubs protect themselves against the weather?
BRSGolf / Club System's Integration - A manager's perspective
One of the major recent events in the golf club software market was the long term agreement between BRSGolf and Club Systems International to commit to a long term partnership including a commitment to fully integrate their products, writes Charles de Haan.
BRS Golf: online green fee revenue up by 81% in 2011
Online tee time booking continued at an even faster rate in 2011 compared to 2010, according to the latest results from BRS Golf, developer of the UK & Ireland’s market leading online booking system. Total online revenue for golf clubs using the BRS system during 2011 was £6.5 million, an increase of over £2.9 million or 81% compared to 2010. This equates to an average of £15,800 per club.
Carr Golf Group and BRS Golf bring GolfNow.ie to Ireland
Carr Golf Group and BRS Golf have partnered with GolfNow.com to bring the world’s largest tee-time distribution channel to Ireland and to launch a new tee-time booking service designed specifically for Irish golfers. The new site www.GolfNow.ie will leverage all the capabilities of U.S.-based GolfNow.com, the world’s largest online tee-times distributor, and a service managed and operated by Golf Channel.
Revenue Growth 'unparalled'
The continued growth of online bookings made directly through golf clubs’ websites using BRS Golf and through 3rd party marketing channels, are unparalleled according to Dr. Brian Smith: “When you consider that just three years ago in 2008, the equivalent tee time revenues were £581, 502 and that they have since grown by a factor of six, you start to understand how big an impact online booking is making on golf clubs’ bottom lines. It’s unparalleled.”
500 customers and counting: BRS Golf and online bookings go from strength to strength
Moortown Golf Club, the prestigious members club near Leeds has become the 500th customer of BRS Golf, the undisputed market leader in tee time management and online booking systems.
While other sectors in the golf market suffered from the continued economic downturn in 2010, online tee time booking clearly wasn’t one of them. BRS Golf’s customer base grew by a further 37% in the twelve months to the end of December. Furthermore online tee bookings from visitors amounted to £3.6 million for clubs in the UK and Ireland compared to £2.1 million in 2009, a massive increase of 71%.
£3.6 Million tee times sold through BRS Golf in 2010
The year 2010 has seen online tee time bookings worth more than £3.6m for the 500 golf clubs that use their BRS system, writes Charles de Haan, an increase of just over £1.5m on 2009. 82% of those tee times booked were made by visitors going directly to the clubs’ websites and paying by credit card. The remaining 18% of online bookings came from the third party marketing channels like Teeofftimes.co.uk (owned by Golfbreaks.com) and Teetimes.co.uk (owned by Online Tee Times).
76 of the Top 100 clubs in Ireland use BRS Golf
Golf Digest has just published their Top 100 clubs in IRELAND interestingly:
BRS is used by 76 clubs among the Top 100 (See list below)
BRS is used by 19 clubs out of Top 25 Links courses in Ireland
BRS is used by 21 clubs out of Top 25 Parkland Courses in Ireland
Press Release - Tourism Partnership North Wales
Golf clubs across North Wales are reaping the benefit from an online booking service that’s attracting players from as far afield as America. The decision by Tourism Partnership North Wales to concentrate its marketing on the internet is paying dividends. As a result, there has been a massive increase in online bookings which have generated nearly £500,000 in green fees over the past three years. Central to the success of the campaign is the www.golf-northwales.co.uk website built and is operated by top online tee time company, BRS.
Over 400 golf clubs are now using BRS Golf’s online booking system
BRS Golf, the market leader for online booking systems, is now working with over 400 golf clubs in the UK and Ireland, and the rate at which clubs are investing in this revenue-generating technology is growing year on year. King’s Lynn GC is the 400th customer to install the BRS Golf system, and is very pleased to have done so.
So what can BRS Golf do for my club?
According to the club managers that use BRS, it’s making a real difference to the bottom line. Customers rave about our support and training, and know they’re investing in the most proven and flexible of any booking system available. But with 2010 likely to be an even tougher year, what can the market leading online booking system do for you and your club?
£2.1 Million tee times sold through BRS Golf in 2009
The year 2009 has seen online tee time bookings worth more than £2.1m for the 360 golf clubs that use their BRS system, writes Charles de Haan, an increase of just over £1m on 2008. Even more impressive is the fact that in the UK 87% of those tee times booked were made by visitors going directly to the clubs’ websites and paying by credit card. The remaining 13% of online bookings came from the third party marketing channels like Teeofftimes.co.uk and Online Tee Times (teetimes.co.uk).
BRS Golf - The Largest Tee Time Distribution Network Available
Over the last five years BRS Golf, through our partners, have built the largest Tee Time Distribution Network of any company in the market (See the attached PDF). This distribution network is fully integrated with BRS Golf and can be managed very easily through the BRS System. This means no management overhead and no double bookings. This Distribution Network gives BRS Customers access to over 300,000 emails being sent weekly, plus hundreds of thousands of visitors through the affiliate network.
In 2009 £1.2 million pounds of tee times were booked online through BRS in the UK. 87% of these tee times were booked through club websites. 9% of these tee times were booked directly through marketing channels and a further 4% of these tee times were booked through affiliates.
Clubs with BRS Golf see 600% increase in 3rd party bookings
BRS Golf, the only company whose online tee time management system is integrated with all the leading UK 3rd party marketing channels in the golf industry (in particular Teeofftimes.co.uk and Teetimes.co.uk) have seen a growth in booking from these 3rd parties of just over 500% in 2007 to 2008 and close to 600% in 2008 to 2009 (see the graph below). These figures are backed up by a recent article in Golf Business News (issue 11th September 2009) by Online Teetimes Ltd.
Golf Club Management - Online Booking Grows 450% in 24 Months
Time to get on the Online Map. Hundreds of clubs have discovered that having online tee time booking or a high end website -or both - can pay handsome dividends.
Click here to download the article. [PDF File 1.7 MB]
Inside Line Article - Online Booking is Growing Fast
With over 300 clubs, 105,000 members and 90,000 visitors using their system in the last 12 months, BRS is not only the market leader in the UK and Ireland in online booking and tee time management, but from the 7 million bookings that have gone through their system, they can draw some interesting conclusions and market trends.
Click here to download the article. [PDF File 1.3 MB]
Golf Club Management Article - August 2005 - Technology Issue
BOOKING ONLINE - Several clubs in Ireland have made booking tee times as easy as purchasing a cheap flight online. Have they benefited from this? Nicole McCraken investigates.
Golf Management Europe - 18 July 2005
On-line tee time booking systems are nothing new, yet a couple of brothers from Northern Ireland appear to have created a unique system which has exceeded demand, and every clubs expectations. Article by Charles de Haan.